St. Swithun, Hinton Parva (Little Hinton), Wiltshire, England
According to the church's information leaflet, St. Swithun's church in Hinton Parva dates back to at least 1172. The condition of the church shows that its current custodians are looking after it very well - it is a most welcoming and peaceful place to be.
We originally went to Hinton Parva in January 2002 and returned in May 2012 to update our photographs. There are still some to re-take and we hope to return again. This beautiful village of Hinton Parva is also known as Little Hinton - although the sign posts on entering the village now call it the former, many of the signposts in the surrounding countryside call it the latter.
We have noted elsewhere that the name is spelled St. Swithin. We have stuck with a 'u' because the Rectors list has it printed with a 'u' but we gather the name can be spelt either way.